Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

blackberry-keytool error - the system cannot find the file specified

Hi,

I am following the instruction on this page: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

configure application signing from the command line because I am using Flash Builder Burrito Preview version

I have done the previous 2 steps successfully. Just can't pass the third step - developer certificate for this error: The system cannot find the file specified.

This is the cmd command I entered:
blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore <output_file.p12> -storepass myPass123 -dname "cn=<company_name>" -alias author, where cn value is the name I used in my blackberry-tablet.xml

Does anyone happen to know where I might be wrong for the developer certificate?

Thanks a lot!

SBS

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: blackberry-keytool error - the system cannot find the file specified

I assume you didn't put the < > around the output file? Thought I'd better check.

I'll take a look at the syntax later when I get a chance, but I'm on my mobile waiting for coffee at the moment!
----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot
Contributor

I finially got it. :-)

I removed the <> around the password and .p12 filename, and put my company name in side the <> for the "cn=<>" part, but leave the <>, and it worked.

Thanks a lot, Brandon!

Contributor

I think I accidentally created a probelm for myself. :-( When I created the developer certificate, since I put <> around my company name, where in the registration, just company name without <>, so later on when I sign the .bar file, I got this error:

barsigner error: server error: code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest [my company name] does not match the common name in deverlop certificate [<my comany name].

Is it possible to recreat the developer certificate again to correct my mistake? Or any other solutions?

Thanks a ton!

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

Yes, I was about to follow up and say you should not be using < and > anywhere in your command.

In this case, you can simply repeat the step above to recreate the author certificate.
----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot
Contributor

Thank you so much, Brandon! It worked out nicely. Appreciate your kind help so much! :-)