Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint
Accepted Solution

certificate registration disappeared

The other day I set up the code siging for tablet in flashbuilder 4.

finally got my app ready to submit and when I went to sign it didn't work, it says "You have not registered your code signing credentials" in the setup. Development certificate says it is set up fine but rim certificate says that it is created but not registered. I am pretty sure it was registered correctly before.

Can't reregister, of course. it says I need to contact rim to add developers.

any ideas? Do I just need to contact rim and see if they can reset something?

New Developer

Re: certificate registration disappeared

I have a lot of other problems that might be related. I swear it looks like half of the tablet stuff just isn't there.

following tutorials on blackberry.com have left me with so many duplicate copies of software and plugins that I think I'm going to wipe my whole laptop and startt from scratch, but first I need to get this thing signed.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

When you say that "the other day I set up the code signing...", did you actually sign an app at the time?  What steps did you do for the "setup"?

I would complete any steps up to the signing of the app.

You can still submit unsigned for the offer, but the app needs to be signed to be available on App World.

New Developer

I went to "preferences-blackberry tablet os-signing" and setup the developer certificate and the rim certificate. I even got an email saying "Client 'xxxxx' successfully registered with signing server...".

is there a file created in this process that I may have inadvertantly moved that would cause this?

what would be the procedure for moving to a new computer or reinstalling anyways? if I reload I will transfer the csj file over, but I will be in the same boat right?

Developer

When you first register your keys, it is tied to the login of that particular computer (why they did this is hard to understand except for it is the only way to register multiple keys).  You will see files in your settings directory.  For windows, something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\<LOGIN>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion

New Developer

i have a barsigner.csk and barsigner.db file in that directory. that seems relevant.

Developer

Is your barsigner.db > 0 bytes?

New Developer

0 bytes

Developer

Then the key registration got messed up some how.  When I got this, I had to start over with a new set of keys.

New Developer

neato, do I just redo the same request I did to get it in the first place?