Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: debugtokenrequest error: illegal device ID xxxxxxxx

JRab wrote:
@streak81: is it in the same location as the -app.xml file? i find that sometimes people mistakenly place it in the root folder instead of the src directory.

Yeah...it is right next to the -app.xml file.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

peter9477 wrote:
Mark, is there a published list of such error codes available?

Not yet... but it is coming.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV

MSohm wrote:

brentcameron wrote:

Oh this is wonderful... because the doc's didn't mention to add the .bar file and just said to point at the directory where I wanted it, the packager DELETED my entire Application Directory!!!!    Argh!!!!! (Thank goodness I made an FXP of my release files).  Did nobody at RIM test this?  

Acknowledged that is a serious bug.  It has been escalated to our development team to fix (don't delete if it is a directory) and to our docs team to make this very clear in the documentation.

This has bee logged in Issue Tracker and in our Knowledge Base:

Knowledge Base:

Debug Token Request deletes contents of a folder if a folder name is specified instead of a BAR file name

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Debug-Token-Request-deletes-contents-o...

Issue Tracker:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TOOL-258

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Tour

It seems that you should also include the PIN from the simulator when creating the debug token for your actual device. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

If you don't do that, and don't upload the debug token to the simulator, you will get an error when you try to deploy the same unsigned .bar file to both the device and the simulator:

result::failure 550 ApplicationModeMismatchError

Otherwise, you need to create the app .bar file with -devMode in order for the unsigned .bar to work on the actual device, and without that option to use the .bar file on the simulator.

I ended up changing my scripts to generate separate .bar files, the only difference being -devMode, for the tablet and the simulator.

Developer

KenSalmon wrote:

It seems that you should also include the PIN from the simulator when creating the debug token for your actual device. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

If you don't do that, and don't upload the debug token to the simulator, you will get an error when you try to deploy the same unsigned .bar file to both the device and the simulator:

result::failure 550 ApplicationModeMismatchError

Otherwise, you need to create the app .bar file with -devMode in order for the unsigned .bar to work on the actual device, and without that option to use the .bar file on the simulator.

I ended up changing my scripts to generate separate .bar files, the only difference being -devMode, for the tablet and the simulator.

Hi Ken-

I have asked this before, but it is still unanswered.  How do I specify -devMode when packaging  from FlashBuilder.  I have no problem deploying using the command line.  I also need to figure out why my blackberry-tablet.xml file is not being output to the  bin-debug folder.

Developer

streak81, I can't answer the question about FB development as I don't use that. My development environment is Linux-based and so I can't use that...I'm stuck on the command line for deployments.
My Device: PlayBook

option is there by default when youcreate bar file in run or debug mode using the launch configuration
KenSalmon:    result::failure 550 ApplicationModeMismatchError  - this error generated when you try to re-install application which previously installed in production mode in the development mode or visa verse. You have to delete (uninstall) it first (re-install is diffrent then uinstall,install because re-install does not clean the sanbox data)
Developer

Thanks again Elena. For a process that is so complex, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that there needs to be a more complete written description of its requirements, oddities, subtleties, and gotchas. There seems to be yet another unanticipated "you need to do this..." at every turn.
Developer

Hi Elena,

The option used to be there, but is not in the 1.0.1 SDK.  Maybe I need to uninstall then reinstall?

My Device: PlayBook

I don't understand what do you mean it is not there,it is by default when you launch, unless you do an export release