Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how to add new screen

How can I navigate the user to a new screen?  Cant seem to find any related function, can someone point me to right direction?

Developer

Re: how to add new screen

Hi,

i believe you need to tell us a bit more about your code. Do you use pure AS3 or do you use Flex (the Flex 4.5 components?)? Cause well, there are many ways to change the view

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Developer

[ Edited ]

I am using AS3 and qnx package.  From what I understood only pure AS3 is fully supported at the moment?  Where can i find Flex 4.5 components? Thanks

Highlighted
Developer

Hi,

To get the 4.5 components, you need to download the Flex 4.5 SDK:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+Hero

The easiest way to get you started is to download the latest Flash Builder 4 (codename "Burrito"), it already contains the Flex 4.5  SDK:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder_burrito/

Then, follow the tutorials and samples:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flexsdk_hero/samples/

When you are done trying on your Desktop environnement, install the BlackBerry SDK and choose this SDK in your project properties so that you can deploy it to the simulator

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Developer

[ Edited ]

I'm currently using Flash Builder 4.0.1, should I uninstall it?

Developer

No, you can install burrito and it will another installation so that you can still launch both programs
Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
Developer

Thanks for the info, but I am unable to get the app compiled using MXML, so I will stick with AS3(for now). 

How do I add a new screen to AS3?

Thanks

Developer

Alright,

well, then i'm not the best pure AS3 coder but i guess you only have to add your component using addChild and size it the same size as the stage.

There are many tutorials online, you should find quickly Smiley Happy

Fabien

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
Developer

I am getting the following error when trying to debug:

com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFdbLaunchDelegate.getLaunchHandler()Lcom/adobe/flexide/launching/IFdbLaunchHandler;

cant get pass it!

Developer

The FlashBuilder launch command was similarly broken for me, I opted to use cmd line which is alot less error prone, and gives you full control.

To answer your question, there is not really the concept of "Views" in AS3, but you have movieclips and sprite, which are containers, and they can hold anything you want.

Typically a "View" is a movieclip or sprite, with a bunch of children, and you can addChild() removeChild() whatever.