Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how to put a file into playbook simulator hard drive ?

the name say it all !

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: how to put a file into playbook simulator hard drive ?

wit the new beta simulator, you can use SSH/SCP as discussed in this thread.

you may also play with tools that decompress VM disks, but that is not recomended i think. Smiley Wink

---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.
----------------------
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Could you please expand on your requirements for this?

@kefayati pointed out the SSH access mechanism, but failed to mention that scp and sftp, the primary ways of doing file transfer, do not work in the beta 3 simulator.

Depending on what you're trying to do, there are a handful of alternatives that may suit you.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

[warning:  hack solution]

personally, i would just toss some files on my web serve and set up a temporary function to download them from my application - assuming you simply want to access some files for testing.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

The problems with scp and sftp have "all" been fixed in the 0.9.3 beta simulator.

I can copy with scp and sftp.  I can access the /accounts/1000/shared folder (which is File.userDirectory) and can access the File.applicationStorageDirectory of any app that is packaged using the "-devMode" option.  (Note that blackberry-deploy claims to support a "-devMode" option but it doesn't serve for this purpose, and I'm not sure it does anything.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!