Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: instead of QNXStageWebView

There's plenty of good reasons why you would want/need to draw objects over a webview. Custom navigations... applicaiton menus. I'm pretty sure I have tried everything to get a flash.media.StageWebView to do this with the same problem. You can never display anything above the webview.

I think needs to be addressed.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Android Droid Incredible
My Carrier: Verizion

You should probably be doing a Webworks application instead of an Air application. QNXStageWebView and StageWebView also have a current issue last I checked that they would not hide properly unless you destroyed the webview itself and recreated it to show it again.

If your really stubborn you can use the qnx.CallExtensionMethod from javascript to send data to the AS3 code but I'd really suggest just making a webworks app.

Regular Contributor

Not everything can be done in html5. Camera access, mic, audio... and there are applications that will and do require overlaying objects over a html. Webworks isn't the solution - if there isn't a way around this which I have yet to see one then the only solution would be to wait for a native sdk.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.........! if i use Textfield to display html string will it support image tag??

Contributor

i got my free playbook.I saw kobo ebook reader application .that is pretty good one. Using Stagewebview and Qnxstagewebview we cant put display objects on it..but in kobo they have done it....! So i am confused...anyone has any clue about it?

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

QNXStageWebView can be placed under the stage by making zOrder negative. To also make it visible you need to make the stage background transparent (see http://renaun.com/blog/2011/01/exploring-the-playbook-applications-blackberry-tablet-xml/ ). Now you can place display objects on the stage that will be visible and interactive, without the web view consuming the events.