Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9350,8520
My Carrier: no

is playbook run Blackberry application

can we be run Blackberry mobile application on playbook. I mean Playbook support BlackBerry API or not?

Contributor
My Device: 9500, PlayBook (arriving soon)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: is playbook run Blackberry application

You will be able to develop apps for the PlayBook in many different languages but at the moment I think the only approach is to use the Adobe AIR SDK.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Definitely not at this time (if you mean in the simulator).

It has also not been announced nor, as far as I recall, even yet mentioned as a possibility by RIM staff.

I have seen one stray comment (probably not official) about an Android emulation layer being a possibility, and if that's the case then surely a BlackBerry layer would be as well, but absolutely do not count on it at this point.

And if you are asking merely about whether there's any source compatibility by providing identical APIs, I can't really answer that.  BlackBerrys don't use AIR, of course, so you'd presumably need to wait and see whether the Java APIs for PlayBook are designed to be compatible in any way.  I'm going to guess they will not be, at least in the first version (which has neither been released, nor even promised for any particular date, though it could come out tomorrow for all I would know).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9350,8520
My Carrier: no

Thank you