Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

is there a way to specify "steps" for a qnx.ui.listClasses.ScrollPane?

[ Edited ]

I have a ScrollPane ( https://developer.blackberry.com/air/apis/qnx/ui/listClasses/ScrollPane.html ) that spans content equivelent to 10 "screen widths" (so 10 x 1024 on the PlayBook).

The scrolling works perfectly and I can get to any content I want... but I'd like it to settle into a "step" once the user stops scrolling and the "inertia" is gone.

e.g. If I scroll to the right quickly... I'd expect that I would scroll over 2-3 screens, but then as it slows down, I'd like it to come to a rest on the 5th screen (if that's approximately where it was when it slowed down)

The best way I can describe this behavior is like a car door... you have full freedom to slide open the door as wide as you want but there are 2-3 distinct stopping points along the way where the door was designed to stay open... and will come to a rest if you let go of the door.

I can probably program my ScrollPane to behave this way but I was wondering if there is a built in feature that I'm missing... or if someone has already done this and I can gratefully borrow their implementation ;-)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: is there a way to specify "steps" for a qnx.ui.listClasses.ScrollPane?

Think you will have to program that in.
FYI: ScrollPane is not available under the BB10 SDK that will be brought over to the PlayBook around 6 months from now. Container is the new "ScrollPane" under fuse.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Ugh... are you serious?

I tried to use the Fuse one and couldn't get *ANY* scrolling behavior to occur at all... thus I went back to the original one...

hmm, guess I'll have to enhance my existing scrollpane... and then attempt to do the same for the new BB10 SDK.

PS is the old one just deprecated in BB10? or is it gone completely?

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

The fuse container I have yet to get to work either. I have asked RIM to post same better sample, but have not seen that yet.

ScrollPane will still probably be there, just no longer supported. I would expect that some future SDK will only have fuse to get rid of some of the dead weight.