Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: keep getting error message

Thank you very much for your quick responses. You are awesome. I feel like such an **bleep**. The swf file was in the wrong folder. I placed it in the src folder and ran it again and it loaded properly in the simulator. Thank you so much. Out of curiosity, in terms of file size for the swf file I'm loading, how big do you think I can go with it before it would take too long to load? It is currently only 272 kb but there is still much to add to the swf file.

Once again, thank you very much John. You have helped me get one step closer to creating my first app.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't tell you the number of times I've made stupid mistakes.  Glad I could help.

Application files size to tough to answer at this point.  272K does not sound too large.  I know building an application via MX vs. QNX makes an enormous difference (40%ish larger).  Since all applications will be downloaded over a wireless network, application file size will have a big impact, especially to those who's provider (e.g. Verizon, etc.) charge for data plans.  It is something to consider.  Always lean to the side of smaller application code (file size) = faster download, faster install, faster load time, smaller resources, better battery life, happier customers, more customers which all equals more money.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Once again thank you very much John. I really appreciate the help. I couldn't have done it without your help and advice.

Regards,

Alexander

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I accept free Kudos (white star to the left). Smiley Wink

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

This same fix worked for me after getting the same error. Thanks!!