Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

problem in Signing

Here is a problem that I am encountering when I initiate signing of the BAR file from RIM servers. I understand BAR signing has 2 stages, one from RIM's side and other on our own, as described by an Adobe Evangelist here http://www.hsharma.com/tech/tutorials/10-easy-steps-to-package-and-sign-air-apps-for-playbook/

When I do first part of 10, I get the error

Error = Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not se
t to [Krishnamurthy Manikantan].
]
barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Package-Autho
r in Manifest is not set to [Krishnamurthy Manikantan].

Error = Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [Krishnamurthy Manikantan].]barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [Krishnamurthy Manikantan].

I know its definitely a problem somewhere with me.

I am signing an app whose bar was created over 1.5 months ago. I dont even remember what I have in its app-xml file.

Can someone tell me, in which place I need to change the AUTHOR name ? If its csj or BAR file or the p12 ? I tried changing in p12, no luck..

Thanks in advance !

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: problem in Signing

You can add a tag to the command line that will fix this issue. I believe it is -publisher "Krishnamurthy Manikantan"

I am on my phone and it can be a bear to find things so I will have to check and confirm this. In the meantime you can search for that error and it will probably give you the solution as others have run into it as well.
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@manikantan, just open up the .bar file and inspect the MANIFEST.MF file to see what that field is set to.

Bar files are just .zip files with a different extension.  Make a copy with .zip on the end and open that, if you don't know how to do it otherwise.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Also make certain the the <publisher> tag in the blackberry-tablet.xml file matches the CN value you used during registration.

Regular Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Thank you guys.. You guys make this community a better place Smiley Happy

I successfully edited the BAR, signed it from both RIM and myself.

I have submitted the app to the Appworld, It was previously UP for SALE, and have removed it from the Store.

Since this is an approved app and since it has only undergone signing, how long does approval process take ? Any clues/hints ?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

It varies.  I've had mine approved in a day.