Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry
Accepted Solution

qnx.system.Device.device.pin returns 0

Hello,

I am using qnx.system.Device.device.pin to obtain the pin but it returns 0 (not any execption). I have also added the

read_device_identifying_information action to my xml. My app is also not visible in the Apllication permission section.

I am using Adobe Flash Builder 4.0.1 and blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1 .

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: qnx.system.Device.device.pin returns 0

Check the MANIFEST.MF file inside the .bar file to verify that the permission is correctly begin transferred there. The OS does not look at your XML file: that's used only during packaging, and it leads to the various entries in the MANIFEST.MF file so that's the one that really matters.

Also note, though it's not likely affecting you here but it may later, that changes to the permissions do not take effect while an app is running, but are recognized only when you launch the app. If you are trying to experiment with changing the permission on and off (once you get it into the .bar properly), remember this later.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor

Yes it is missing in Mainfest file

I made a manual entry  for

Entry-Point-User-Actions: read_device_identifying_information

Now the app is visible in the application permission section but even all permisions allowed the device pin is 0.

Developer

Adding it manually like that is likely to be error prone. Did you simply add a second entry, and now have two lines with Entry-Point-User-Action? That's unlikely to work. Best by far to figure out why your packaging process is not working and fix the issue there.

As for why it's still 0, I can't say as there are several things (such as that issue) which could be leading to this not working.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor

All i need is a unique key for every playbook and the key must not affected after security wipe or os upgrade. Is there any other unique number, like can we use Device.device.hardwareID for unique identification.
Developer

The only such numbers are those which require this same permission, so you need to figure out what you're doing wrong with this and fix it.

New Contributor

Got It!
OS update fixed the problem, might b my previous OS doesn't support the action attribute.
Thanks Peter Hansen for ur support.