Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

"myApp-debug"

Hello all,

each time I install an app. on the Simulator, it appears with suffix "xxxx-debug".

Anybody would know how to deploy app. in "production" mode ?

I use "-target bar" as argument (and not "target bar-debug"), but doesn't look to change anything...

Is it a bb-packager command line option ? Or a project property option ? Or a app-xml param ?

I'm kind of confused here...

JC
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: "myApp-debug"

hey acenet,

i dont know what you are using to compile your app but here's what i did to remove the ugly -debug from my icon:

I use flash builder burrito. i created a new project. then i looked under the bin-debug folder and saw there was a -app.xml file. i went ahead and opened it and saw there were two references to the word debug. First the id was appname.debug and the name was appname-debug. so i got rid of both those and put in just hte app name:

old:

<!-- A universally unique application identifier. Must be unique across all AIR applications.
Using a reverse DNS-style name as the id is recommended. (Eg. com.example.ExampleApplication.) Required. -->
<id>MyTest.debug</id>

<!-- Used as the filename for the application. Required. -->
<filename>MyTest</filename>

<!-- The name that is displayed in the AIR application installer. 
May have multiple values for each language. See samples or xsd schema file. Optional. -->
<name>MyTest-debug</name>

new and updated:

<!-- A universally unique application identifier. Must be unique across all AIR applications.
Using a reverse DNS-style name as the id is recommended. (Eg. com.example.ExampleApplication.) Required. -->
<id>MyTest</id>

<!-- Used as the filename for the application. Required. -->
<filename>MyTest</filename>

<!-- The name that is displayed in the AIR application installer. 
May have multiple values for each language. See samples or xsd schema file. Optional. -->
<name>MyTest</name>

after i did that i went to the command line and typed in the following (in the bin-debug directory):

first package it:

blackberry-airpackager -package -target bar MyTest.bar MyTest-app.xml MyTest.swf 

now that it was packaged into a bar file i typed in the following:

blackberry-deploy -installApp -package MyTest.bar -device 172.16.176.130

after that i checked the simulator and the application name was just what i wrote as the ID/Name.

if you have the same set up and follow those steps it should work for you. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Hi JRab,

quick answer, thx for the reply.

I was searching in the meanwhile, but I didn't see any "debug" reference in any of my config files...

So I couldn't apply your solution.

But I got it to work, here is what I did, it is almost the same logic as yours:

-In project properties/Flex Build Packaging: enable target "BlackBerry"

-Then "Project/Export Release Build", using BB target, in a specific directory:

that creates the .bar file

-Now use the command line as you described:

blackberry-deploy.bat -package appName.bar -installApp -device x.x.x.x

(I also use Burrito, "what else ?" Smiley Happy )

JC
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

haha you'd be surprised... there are some crazy folk out there that compile their AS files with the mxmlc.exe command line compiler Smiley Very Happy instead of the good ol' burriot. so wasn't sure. glad you got it figured out!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman