Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: signing app on mac

have you already signed and submitted ur approved app? or is the one submitted and approved unsigned?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Apparently it is signed. Before I knew of the issues with signing it the gui way, I signed it in Flash Builder (not Burrito). When I unzipped my bar file, all the necessary files were there with the manifest file. Also, once I re-submitted it and named it appname_signed, it was approved and I heard nothing about it not being signed.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer

they approved it? thats so strange, assumed it didnt work via FB. i dont think u need to resign it because its still attached to ur name. different keys but still the same owner.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

New Developer

Ya I find that strange too. It doesn't work to sign in Burrito, but it seemed to work in FB. Well, I'm sure if it's an issue they'll inform me (if not, I'll know once my app isn't available in appworld lol).

My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer

lol that'd be a sign too! but a user recently reported being rejected (during the approval process) when their app was still in dev mode. so if urs was still in dev mode, then it wuda been rejected already. so i think your safe (and lucky) hah

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

New Developer

Hopefully Smiley Happy haha fingers crossed

New Developer

I guess it didn't work. I just got this email from RIM:

Hi,

You are receiving this email as we are awaiting your signed release of your PlayBook application. We ask that you login to the vendor portal and remove your application from sale in App World until you have submitted and we have vetted your signed PlayBook application. Once passed we will push your app out for sale once more so we may continue testing.

In addition please not the following:

1)      If you have already submitted your signed application please do remove from sale until you have been notified that your application has passed our vetting.

2)      If you are still awaiting signing keys please remove your application from sale.

3)      If you have an existing application with a PlayBook added as a new release, we urge you to submit your new signed PlayBook app version a.s.a.p.

Thank you for your continued patience as we move forward towards our exciting launch of the PlayBook.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry App World Team

Developer

hey alex,

yeah i just got wind of this (via IRC channel). have you received your new key yet?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

New Developer

Hey JRab,

I haven't received them yet. Would they send them out on a weekend? I filled out the form the other day when we last spoke.

Developer

hey alex,

they say 2 business days but anythings possible. just dont make the mistake others made and always make sure to check your spam box. people have waited nearly a week before they found em there. so definitely check regularly!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--