Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

simulator 1.0.1 scrolling issues

Hi,

1. My scrollpane with icons now can be scrolled off the top of the pane so that no icons are showing.  Previous behavior would not allow it to scroll that far.

2. My textarea window now moves with data entry (returns or cursor controls) to where it is off the screen.  I thought this kind of problem was resolved once.  Plus, it still doesn't work properly with the line number enhancement I found online.

Harry

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: simulator 1.0.1 scrolling issues

hey harry,

in regards to the scrollpane, the only thing that comes to mind is that make sure you are calling the scrollpane.update() whenever you are done adding stuff to the scrollpane (possibly after all ur icons are added) so the scroller knows how much room to work with.

as for the textbox movement --  im not sure but i use the QNX TextInput and it moves up when the text is under the keyboard and returns back to where it was after finished typing.

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi,

Here is (most of) the scrollpane code:

private var fileGridScroll:ScrollPane;    // scroll pane so more than 18 can be shown
  private var fileGrid:Sprite;     // put buttons on this, then this on scrollpane
   fileGridScroll.setSize(1000,424);  // leave room for scrollbar
   fileGridScroll.setPosition(16,110);
   fileGridScroll.setScrollContent(fileGrid);
   fileGridScroll.update();
   removeChild(activityIndicator);
   addChild(fileGridScroll);

The input and output windows for BASIC are sized so they can fit onscreen with the keyboard.  In 0.9.4, when one enters text, the keyboard pops up below the windows and allows typing in the whole window since both a window and the keyboard fit onscreen.  The windows don't shift position once they are placed. Using the 1.0.1 simulator, when typing in either window, the windows will move up and down in response to typing.  It is easy to get to a point where the window has moved so far, the enter point is offscreen.

Harry

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

i'm having the exact same issue.. but i'm using a spark text area.  Another problem with my scrolling is that the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up anymore as it did on 9.4.  i had to pull  my app because of this showstopper until I figure out a workaround Smiley Sad

EDIT:

I've hacked the behavior for now using the very useful post below regarding undocumented QNXapis

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/QNX-Keyboard-Control-UNOFFICIAL/t...