Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

touch enabled spark components

how in general can you tell if a spark component is touch enabled as it would seem that some of them are 'not mobile optimized' ?

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Re: touch enabled spark components

is there one you're trying to use in particular? I used spark components for TextInputs, Buttons, Drop Downs, and they all worked...

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

well, given i'm just deploying to the playbook simulator, and dont have another touch device to somehow deploy to and test, I was wondering if there was an actual way you could tell, or if there was a resource somewhere that listed exactly what was touch enabled

i've been using

button

text input

dropdownlist

Developer

You're good, those will all work just fine. I don't recall off hand if it was in a webcast or a tutorial, but they recommended using Spark components or required using Spark components.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

You do not need to "touch-enable" anything. The Flash player handles that for you. It converts touches to moves, downs, ups, clicks etc.

The only thing you need to remember is not to rely on hover behaviour for your UI. There is no such thing as a hover on touchscreens (at least, not yet). You will receive the events associated with hovers at the same time you receive the click.

An example of where this can be a problem can be seen in the Youtube player. Once the player controls are hidden one must normally move the mouse to see them again. However, on a touch-only device you can't move the mouse without touching. But touching the screen will pause the video. I expect Youtube will fix this sooner or later.

Cheers, - Jon -

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

webbsites is correct, however I used a 3rd party library to create a text box in Flash Builder that had prompting text - it worked great except when you clicked in it the keyboard did not slide up.

Stick to Spark stuff and you'll be fine.