Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

trouble packaging playbook app

Hey guys, I have become increasingly frustrated whilst trying to package the final release of this app I have developed. I have followed all the steps very closely and still when I export the release build in flash builder 4.6 I get the following error message "Packaging Failed:1, Warning: Cannot find application or default icon. Error: Attribute Entry-Point-Icon: File cannot be found in the list of packaged files: src/blackberrytableticon.png"

Any ideas on how I can fix this? The icon is in the src directory, and it says that it is one of the included packaged files and yet I keep getting this error. I was hoping to submit before the 13th but I have no idea how to get past this. 

I would really appreciate any help.

Kind regards 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: trouble packaging playbook app

I'm guessing here, but since the final .bar file doesn't contain a "src" folder, I suspect that you've incorrectly specified the source path with the src/ prefix in your XML file, when you should (here's the guess) specify the location in the output file.

In short, try removing any leading "src/" from the <image> element where you specified the location of that icon file.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor

ahh you absolute hero. Thank you so much. I now have the .bar file, hopefully now going to check it is all ok. BTW I recognise you from crackberry, i'm the paranoid battery guy. Thanks again. 

Developer

Right on! And good luck with getting the app approved! Smiley Happy

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor

ok I think it is ready to be sent for consideration now. One quick question though, the css file is named HelloWorld whereas I have made it clear in the blackberry-tablet.xml and the application name etc. that this is not the name of the app. The .bar file I have made is thus HelloWorld.bar, will this matter if i send it off like that? 

Highlighted
Developer

The name you enter in the product's vendor portal listing is what it gets published as. Nothing else really matters.