Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

version to post in app world

I made a little mistake when choosing version numbers for my app. I currently have versions 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.1 approved. When I click "post for sale", it automatically posts the latest version, 1.1. However, I wish to post 1.0.1 and I basically want to get rid of 1.1 because it is actually older than 1.0.1 (yeah...don't ask why). Can I somehow delete/deactivate version 1.1? I do not see any options on doing any of this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: version to post in app world

hey shevbg,

i think by default it chooses the most recent release. you have two options here: you can send a message to vendor portal support or you can post a new release with an updated version number (1.1.1) or anything more than the 1.1 and wait for that to be approved. here is the form for the vendor support:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Probably faster to just post a new version.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for your help! I sent a message to vendor portal support. I wonder why they do not allow you to choose which version to post to app world...

If you come out with a new version of your app and then some glitches are found, wouldn't you want to quickly revert back to the older version until the new is fixed?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey shevbg,

yah app world and its vendor portal have a lot to work out in terms of modernizing itself and making it a bit more intuitive. however, there maybe somethings that they dont have on their to-do list. they have a feature request in the same place where you report bugs. you can request additional features you would like to see here:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/issuetracker/

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman