Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

My Device: playbook 2.0
My Carrier: wifi only

2 questions looking for answers on playbook 2.0 dev

updated to 2.0 today.

we bought it because many of our customers are BB users and anticipate a new market for a new app. We developed a new app for Android 3.2 and heard that BB would have a player which supported this. Found out the hard way today that's not quite the case.

1) any hope that 3.2 will be supported or should we return this and forget about it?

2) in the FWIW column, anyone seen silverlight running on this maybe using a moonlight port? curious.....

Thanks in advance for any input. We don't plan to publish to any "Market place" as we are not makers of consumer apps, they are niche apps for niche consumers who would install locally or distribute on their WAN.

-Rich

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: 2 questions looking for answers on playbook 2.0 dev

The underlying Android version in OS2 is Android 2.3.3. The app maker would have to follow the neccessary steps to make the app compatible for Android 2.3.3 and then port it to BB.

Not an impossible task, but would require some effort on the developers part to get it on the Playbook.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Re: 2 questions looking for answers on playbook 2.0 dev

Unless you are using a lot of features that are only available in 3.2 and your App is not backwards compatible it shoudnt be a big deal to change it to 2.3.3