Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: PCCW

Android App receive Battery Info on Playbook, OS 2.0.1.30

Hi, i developed an app that tracks the battery info on the device and it was working fine in the previous playbook OS version. After i updated my playbook to OS 2.0.1.30, the app doesnt work and I found that it was because I cant receive any battery information from the system.

I am catching the info from Intent.ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED in my BroadcastReceiver but it doesn't work anymore. Is this action being removed after the OS update? or there is some where else i can receive the information?

New Contributor
My Carrier: PCCW

Re: Android App receive Battery Info on Playbook, OS 2.0.1.30

Still looking for some replies...
Visitor
My Carrier: Fido

Android App does not get correct Battery Level information

Im running on a Playbook with OS 2.0.1.668.

When the broadcast receiver for Intent.ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED is triggered, I get

EXTRA_LEVEL(="level") = 0

EXTRA_SCALE(=scale) = 100

regardless of the actual battery level. I have verified that these values are actually the values received, not the default ones in getIntExtra().

Based on some previous questions about issues when trying to determine the battery level, it looks like determining battery level is an ongoing issue. Does anyone have any know workarounds, or is there a fix on the way? The code I am using works properly on a pure Android device.