Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10,
My Carrier: Bell

Android app ported to BB10 behaving abruptly.

We had an android application which was running fine on android devices. We ported the application to BlackBerry for BB OS 7 devices. It was working fine for all the BlackBerry devices running on BB OS 7 as well. 

But later when we ported the same application to BlackBerry OS 10, the application was successfully ported, but following are the problems in it:

1. Application behaving abruptly i.e.. While logging in the application it many a times throws us out of the application despite of the fact that the application server is able to successfully authenticate the application user. Strangely, many a times the application allows us to log in without any problem as well. At such times the application works smoothly.

2. Changing the orientation of the mobile (Z10) while logging in lets us bypass the login screen and enter the application without entering any password or entering any random password. (This is very strange and of course FUNNY as well).

We need your help on it. 

Application API level is 10.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10,
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Android app ported to BB10 behaving abruptly.

Please help.

I just need a hint to know the scope of working and the target domain.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Android app ported to BB10 behaving abruptly.

Can you clarify what you mean by "throws you out of the application"?  For instance, if your app has an uncaught exception somewhere, your VM is terminated.  Not saying that that's the issue, but that's just one example to look for.

Also, a rotation is a configuration change most likely, so ensure your Activity handles those correctly.