Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha 10
My Carrier: AirCel

Android vs iPhone vs Windows Phone against BlackBerry's 10

[ Edited ]

According to IDC, Android has a massive 75% global smartphone share. iPhone has 20%. Blackberry ekes out just over 4%. Windows Phone? IDC has to combine both old Windows Mobile and Windows Phone numbers. Together, they have a 2% market share. Borderline irrelevant.

Total Android smartphone shipments worldwide reached 136.0 million units, accounting for 75.0% of the 181.1 million smartphones shipped in 3Q12. The 91.5% year-over-year growth was nearly double the overall market growth rate of 46.4%. 

Android has recently launched its latest version of Jelly Bean.  HTC has launched its first handset on this latest version.  One thing I have notice.  The keyboard (virtual keypad) looks similar to BlackBlarry 10 Alpha devices that we have seen in the BlackBerry Hackathon.  Features are somewhat same, I found. 

This means, the research on which RIM is going through since a year now, Google has introduced the same on its latest released version.  

I think Google was impressed with the features BlackBerry 10 is going to introduce in its forthcoming 10 version.  Hence, they have implemented on their latest Jelly Beans version. 

But I strongly believe, the number of features BlackBerry 10 is coming out, with the robustness of handset, Apps that RIM are going to introduce will leave other competitors far behind in coming future. 

Abhijit - New Delhi