Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Any Android Ad Network that works in Blackberry

Sucessfully ported my App but my AdMob Ads are a no show, anyone know of an Ad Network that will work when run on the Playbook? Thanks.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: China Unicom

Re: Any Android Ad Network that works in Blackberry

What's the reason for the no-show?

Basically it should work as it's just a .jar file which you include & call, right?

Can you provide the logcat output of the time when your App started?

Regular Contributor

I am not getting any Logcat output when running an App on the simulator, I dont know if I am missing some setting or what.

But the situation is pretty much as described in this thread, http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Plug-in-for-Android/No-Admob-in-Android-app/m-p/13...

I think they are probably explicitly not serving Ads to the Playbook, I think there is a user-agent string that goes out with the Ad request.
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: China Unicom

It's likey the Ad is not available from Admob. Although it would be more helpful if you can get the logcat output (see instructions here). Basically you set the same things like on the other Android platform, right?

How about the signing - how did you sign the Android, same key as with the other platform?

BR,

Sebastian

Regular Contributor

Will try the Logcat bit, Ads work great when on Android device/emulator. I believe its the same key, the Debug key, I am right clicking on the project and selecting Run As-> Blackberry Android Launch.
Regular Contributor

So logcat messages started poping up after i put in my own call to Log.i.. in the code, it seems the plugin sets up all the necessary bits.

There is a network error with the AdMob SDK "Unable to connect to network com.google.ads NETWORK_ERROR", which is pretty strange since I also have the Flurry library and it is connecting just fine.

Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

MobFox (My affiliate link) works fine. mobfox.com if you wish to not use my aff link

I previously had ads in my Android apps, upon porting to Blackberry the ads still showed up with exactly the same setup. I have removed them for now but MobFox certainly works.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, I have MobFox in one of my other Apps, will give it a try, Im getting pathetically low pay though like 1 cent per click. At least now I know some Ad networks will work.

Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

I also receive an average of 0.03CPC, I was under the impression this was higher than AdMob though?

I've never used AdMob. Can anyone chime in?
Regular Contributor

Yeah that's 3 times mine, no idea whats going on. I'm getting a little over that on AdMob about 0.039, lol.