Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Any way to text unsigned APK on 10.2.1?

Hi, I'm testing several APKs on my tablets and decide to text the Z30 running 10.2.1 but it fails to install because I didn't go through the signature procedure yet even in delevoper mode.

Is there any way to test them without signature? The only other method is converting to BAR files from what I see.

Thanks,

Cozz

Updated my pin
My Device: Black Berry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Relince

Re: Any way to text unsigned APK on 10.2.1?

Developer

The new 10.2.1 doesn't allow for unsigned APKs for what I understand. Have you tried your own APKs to confirm?

I would think it would allow it in developer mode.

Updated my pin
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello Cozz,

Unsigned APks are not supported via direct install. The best way to test your application would be to use our latest 2.0 tooling. http://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/ You can Run and Debug your projects directly on a BlackBerry 10 device or simulator while in development mode.

Overwise, you would need to have a signed APK file to directly install it on your device.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
Developer

mwhiteman wrote:

Hello Cozz,

Unsigned APks are not supported via direct install. The best way to test your application would be to use our latest 2.0 tooling. http://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/ You can Run and Debug your projects directly on a BlackBerry 10 device or simulator while in development mode.

Overwise, you would need to have a signed APK file to directly install it on your device.

Cheers,

Matt

Thank You!

It's what I needed. It's very time consuming signing APKs only find something dumb later on an the BB10 app. I like to have one APK running on both one shot so updates are far easier later on.

Thanks again.

Updated my pin
New Developer
My Device: Q10 SQN100-3
My Carrier: Factory Unlocked

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Could you tell me how you solved it? I can't seem to be able to deploy unsigned APK, no matter what. Unsigned BAR can be deployed in development mode, but package manager won't accept the unsigned APK inside the BAR file.

Thanks