Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

App Trivia Time denied - go back issue

[ Edited ]

This is the message I have received.

- navigation issue, cannot get back to home screen from options menu

But it is a standard android menu . Go back with player back key.

In the documentation, I can read this:

Since the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet does not have a Back key, users must tap the Back button that appears at the bottom of the screen or use the Back gesture to display the previous screen. To use the Back gesture, users swipe from the bottom of the screen at a 45 degree angle toward the left side of the screen.

Note: A navigation bar with a Back button appears at the bottom of most applications. For applications that use full screen mode (for example, games) users can swipe down from the top of the screen to display the navigation bar.

What have I to do?

Thanks a lot!

Contributor

Re: App Trivia Time denied - go back issue

I've send a ticket here https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109 but I can not find it at vendor portal.

This is gona be difficult.

Regards, and luck.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I got the same denial email today:

'functionality issue: cannot navigate to home menu from preferences'

Anyone plan on resubmitting their application with code that exits out of the menu back into the Activity or do we plan to fight this? I thought there was navigation as stated in the documentation so I didn't even think about this issue coming up.

Thanks in advance - hopefully we hear from someone about this.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I just got denied too:

- navigation issue: cannot navigate back to home menu

I tested all my apps and the button at the bottom left works.  I navigated around as expected.  Does anyone have an explanation of what they REALLY want?  If I add a menu item to go back for each page would that work?  Do I have to handle the swipe gesture that they mentioned?

Someone from RIM needs to clear up what the actual requirements are.  I thought the intention was to get Android apps over pretty much as is.  If I have to implement swipe gestures on every page that's going to be very close to a show stopper.

Contributor

Just an FYI, I found this code which should help if they really want a "BACK TO HOME" menu item, which is what I might do for the Playbook version of the app: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7041292/launch-new-activity-from-preferenceactivity
Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700

Wow, on this basis they would have to reject every Android app in existence surely?  There's a big difference between repackaging an app for Playbook with some code redacted and actually porting it with major additions (my app is quite large with 20 preference screens and 31 options menus).

This must be a mistake?

Contributor

Any staff developer is reading these forums?

We need an answer.

Contributor

I updated my app with a Menu Exit button but who knows how long this is going to take to get approved now. 

Oh well -- waiting game I guess.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Are you sure that's the solution that they are looking for?  I'm still not even sure what the problem is...

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700

[ Edited ]

It sounds more like a miscommunication with the testing lab (perhaps some of the reviewers who are "working around the clock" haven't been properly briefed?)  

I'm sure we would have been told if there was a requirement to have a non-standard exit button on an options menu or preference screen.