Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Device Simulator BB10_3_0.440
My Carrier: none

App-crash in the BB10 simulator

I was just testing the latest version of our app on the Blackberry 10 simulator running in VMWare under Windows 7.

Unfortunately, our app crashes when initializing the share-functionality.

The following are the stacktraces of 2 consecutive exceptions that break the app.

Package Manager Crash

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.qnx.internal.invoke.QNXInvokeMapperNext.fixBrokenIntentWithNonStringTextExtra(QNXInvokeMapperNext.java:383)

at com.qnx.internal.invoke.QNXInvokeMapperNext.fixBrokenIntent(QNXInvokeMapperNext.java:403)

at com.qnx.internal.invoke.QNXInvokeMapperNext.getInvokeRequest(QNXInvokeMapperNext.java:429)

at com.qnx.internal.invoke.QNXIntentResolver.queryIntent(QNXIntentResolver.java:235)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.queryIntentActivities(PackageManagerService.java:2918)

at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:468)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:1638)

at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:388)

at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

FATAL EXCEPTION: main

java.lang.NullPointerException

at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1437)

at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1385)

at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub$Proxy.queryIntentActivities(IPackageManager.java:1984)

at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.queryIntentActivitiesAsUser(ApplicationPackageManager.java:492)

at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.queryIntentActivities(ApplicationPackageManager.java:484)

at android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActivityChooserModel.loadActivitiesIfNeeded(ActivityChooserModel.java:706)

at android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActivityChooserModel.ensureConsistentState(ActivityChooserModel.java:670)

at android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActivityChooserModel.setIntent(ActivityChooserModel.java:375)

at android.support.v7.widget.ShareActionProvider.setShareIntent(ShareActionProvider.java:302)

Those exceptions are related to query target-intents for the standard Android-share intent, used by the sharing-mechanism described here:

http://developer.android.com/training/sharing/shareaction.html

Maybe there is a bug in the internal QNX-framework that I just uncovered?

If you would be able to look at the source code for QNXInvokeMapperNext.java at line 383 to determine what could be null there, that would be helpful.

The Blackberry simulator has the Model „BlackBerry All Touch [1280x768]“ with OS Version 10.3.0.440.

If you need further information, let me know. 

As a last resort, I would be able to disable the sharing-feature in a Blackberry-specific build, but would like to avoid such vendor-specific customizations as much as possible.

As Kamel Lajili already pointed out to me, the app works as expected on his device Z30 (full touch) with version 10.2.1.2102 so this crash seems to be introduced after this OS version.

Thank you for your support,

Arne Jans

My Device: Dev Alpha Simulator
My Carrier: WIND

Re: App-crash in the BB10 simulator

[ Edited ]

@ajans, I'm trying to understand what's broken. Can you post the intent you're trying to query? I.e. action, type, data, extras, etc. You can send me a PM if you like.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile DE

Re: App-crash in the BB10 simulator

Thanks for reporting this. We can confirm it's an issue in the beta version of the 10.3 SW. We are on it now