Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 10 Simulator not laoding in vm player?

Hello All,

I am trying to load bb 10 simulator in VMPlayer 4.x.x but its not loading after long time.

i tired by uninstalling bb simulator(BB10_0_09-1673-Win) and VMPlayer couple of time (versions 3.x.x ,4.x.x and also 5.0) of time but same result either its not loading or just displayed blue screen.

i have attached screen shots with the post. is i am missing any thing ?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB 10 Simulator not laoding in vm player?

So a few things happening here.

1)  The attachment where it shows the screen service is usually caused by making changes to the vmx file, such as resolution size or disable 3D acceleration, or not having your graphics drivers updated on your machine.  Please make sure that you are using the latest drivers provided to you by your vendor and that you are using the default settings in the VMX file

2) For BB101.png, you're seeing the startup screen which means the graphics driver loaded properly.  If you're experiencing a slow boot time please make sure that you have virtualization enabled on your computer.  Boot times will drop from 5 minutes to about 25 seconds, more information at the link below. 

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/08/performance-increase-blackberry-10-simulator/

Hope this helps. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello daryl_martin Thanks for your reply..

Now blackberry playbook simulator is started but still not BB 10 simulator. Smiley Sad

Now i tried to run application on blackberry playbook simulator.. but the at the end i am getting following error.

Failed to deploy project ProjectName
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 724324
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 724324 bytes
Info: Progress 0%...
Info: Progress 50%...
Error: unable to find result reply

I tried to to install again by reseting and power off simulator and also uninstalling everything and install again but same error.. Still i am missing any thing to get it work properly?

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

Did the install timeout?  The logs you pasted there are from the deploy stage where hte bar file is copied and installed on the simulator. 

Can you try deploying again but change your network settings to used the bridged mode?  You can find this under the network settings in your VM Machine.  This will change the IP address of the simulator so you will need to update the target in Momentics. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still getting same erorr, when i am louanching application in VMplayer i am getting Appliaction Blackbery Keyboard not responding and after some time same error that i have posted in my last post.

Some time i am able to see the icon of application in vmplayer but when i click on that icon just black screen.

In exception stack trace  getting following error:-

java.lang.Throwable: Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 746405
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 746405 bytes
	at net.rim.ajde.core.launching.BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.deployBar(BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.java:632)
	at net.rim.ajde.core.launching.BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.deployApps(BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.java:664)
	at net.rim.ajde.core.launching.BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.startLaunch(BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.java:426)
	at net.rim.ajde.core.launching.BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.run(BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.java:278)
	at net.rim.ajde.core.launching.BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.launch(BlackBerryAndroidLaunchConfigDelegate.java:260)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:937)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1141)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

My Device: BlackBerry Dev A
My Carrier: NONE

My VM player reboot suddenly, when I start the VM