Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Xyz

BlackBerry 10.1 Dev Simulator - Normal and Safe mode

I am running my android app on BlackBerry 10 dev Simulator using eclipse. I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 having Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller. However, i have several queries regarding the Simulator.

(1) Simulator will run only in Safe Mode. If I select nor-safe mode then the log screen will not show BlackBerry simulator. What impact will the safe mode have on application or simulator ?

(2) Although the connector shows Simulator found and Connected to <ip>, changes to the zoom level does not apply.

(3) The Browser crashes every now and then.

(4) My android app send email using Gmail composer, When ported to BlackBerry Simulator, now the app uses Blackberry mail composer for that. I know Blackberry does not support google services, but is there no workaround at all for using Gmail services in app?

Waiting for some help...............

Thank you.

New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Xyz

Re: BlackBerry 10.1 Dev Simulator - Normal and Safe mode

Well, finally I had to shift to some other PC having the required Graphics Card and now I am able to run the Simulator in Normal mode. Because of this, now I can change the zoom level of the Simulator. It is clear now that Simulator cannot be connected properly with the connector unless it is running in Normal mode. Now the browser is also working fine.

But, I am still not able to access its filesystem via Eclipse-DDMS. I want to create a new folder and add files to it via the DDMS. We can manually add files via Eclipse-DDMS for Android Simulator and rooted devices, can we not do like that for Blackberry Simulator.

I request some BlackBerry developer or advisor help me solve this.

Thank You.