Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: samsung gallaxy s 2
My Carrier: none

BlackBerry Tablet Simulator for linux ?

I want to re-build my android app for the BlackBerry Tablet.

I am working on Fedora 15 and I have installed the BlackBerry Plug-in for Android.

But my problem is that I cannot simulate the re-packaged app because there is no  BlackBerry Tablet Simulator for linux.

Is there an other way to simulate the app?

Faust

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BlackBerry Tablet Simulator for linux ?

Hello,

Did you try to execute the Windows binary with Wine (I'm going to do it in a few moment)...

I've the same problem because I develop with Ubuntu. And I think that we are a lot to develop with *nix ! 

Blackberry should provide a Linux emulator if they want get a lot of apps.

New Contributor

Ok so...

I succeed to install Blackberry Nook emulator...but it seems to be so huge to work correctly on my laptop.

1. Download and Install Wine

2. Download and install Oracle JDK 1.6 (you can use the winefile command to launch file explorer and double click on the installer, easy Smiley Happy)

3. Download and launch Blackberry Nook simulator installation

+ IMPORTANT : by default the installation is done in the local user  folder (c:\documents and settings...) change it for C:\Program files\Nook (for example, but inside C:\Program files)

+ you should have an error after the installation...don't care ! Files are there Smiley Happy

The Blackberry Nook installation has just put some VMware file in the previous path.

I tried to install VWware for my ubuntu inside Wine but the installation is blocked.

I install VMware directly in my Linux Ubuntu and try to launch the VMware file (vmx) put by the simulator installation in ~/.wine/c:/program files/nook/BB simulator...

Now the emulator seems work, but i don't have display. The logfile seems to block on [Starting screen]....My harddisk has activitate but nothing appears....

I continue to try Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: samsung gallaxy s 2
My Carrier: none

I will try it later.
Highlighted
New Contributor

If any administrator can help...

My VMware stays blocked on the following screen