Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry 10 app name containing apostrophe or special character

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I have an android app which contains apostrophe(') in its name like- App's Name
When I convert this app to Blackberry 10 app the string after apostrophe is truncated i.e. App's Name is coverted to App (App's Name -> App). It shows as App instead of App's Name on Blackberry Z10 (OS Ver. 10.0.10.82) home screen. I have already seen another some what similar post (Invalid characters in app name) here.

but I am still facing this problem in Blackberry 10.

Is this is a limitation/restriction of Blackberry 10.

Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 10 app name containing apostrophe or special character

Also unicode name has the same problem.. My app has a Chinese name. Loading directly from eclipse is fine. But not when loaded from BlackBerry World.

I unzip'ed the bar and seems like there is a bug in creating the MF file.. the barpackager is most likely generating ASCII instead of UTF-8..