Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Tablet Simulator Installer is Damaged

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I've searched for this error in the forums but nothing comes up. I've downloaded the Blackberry Tablet Simulator 2.0.1 for OS X and when I try to run the installer, I get this message:

BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-Installer-2.0.1-358-201204101538” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

I get the same error message for Alpha simulator.

I'm currently running Mountain Lion with the latest patches (10.8.2) on a Macbook Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Krys

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Tablet Simulator Installer is Damaged

This issue has been added to the release notes for the SDK.  I will follow up to make sure it gets added to the simulators release notes since the problem occurs in both. 

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/download/releasenotes_nativesdk/

Installation

When you attempt to install the native SDK on Mac OS X Mountain Lion, version 10.8, you will see the following error:
"installer-bbndk is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image."
As a workaround, you can change your Mac OS X security settings. To change your security settings, navigate to Settings > Security & Privacy > General on your Mac computer, and select the "Anywhere" option as the allowable location for application downloads. The native SDK should now install as expected, even if you still see the error message.
After you've installed the native SDK, you can change your Mac OS X security settings back to the original options.