Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry should charge for Google Play

Oh, you're right. Let me see if there is any way to do this without reinstalling the whole PlayBook OS. And just for the sake of trying, try to change the name on a PDF file... Will it open now? I seem to remember my sister having a problem with files opening and it worked once she renamed the files.

Will keep you posted on my findings.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Still won't work
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Can you check what version the PDF files are saved for? Are they simply no longer a compatible version? (i.e. created for Adobe Acrobat 2.0 or something like that?)

Other suggestion is to do a clean reload of the software. If you want to try that, let me know and I'll post the instructions.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I totally agree with you. I think RIM should do that 

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook, BlackBerry 10 dev alpha device
My Carrier: mtn

i think that rim should continue down the same path it is on right now.

if rim changes over to android play store the compatibility with blackberry would just be to hard to overcome with a runtime. but if they go native then they lose all thier hard work with bb10, not to mention all the money that went into devaloping bb10 and all of its native components.

not to mention how bad play store has become, with all its malware, and crappy apps im just happy with app world and how much more secure it is.