Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Bell

Can't access BB10's Pictures from Android app

Hi, 

I am trying to take a picture with my Android app and then send that picture to a server.  Initially, I was using the Intent "MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE" and then launching the intent with startActivityForResult().  The Camera app launches, the user takes a picture, and then focus returns to my app.  However, I never get back a successful result code in onActivityResult(), but the image is saved on the device in "Pictures".  Since this method did not work, I decided that I would try to simply access the image using a URI or a file path.  I tried both methods, and I am able to find the path and generate a Uri, but I am not able to decode the file to a Bitmap--I receive a NullPointerException.  Has anyone come across this issue, and does anyone know how to solve it?  How do I access the Pictures on the BB10(Z10) device?

Thanks 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't access BB10's Pictures from Android app

See this thread.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Runtime-Development/Camera-issue-on-BB10-using-Androi...

There was a bug with the implementation, and it was addressed.  What OS version are you testing on?

Highlighted
Contributor

I am using a Z10 with OS version 10.1.0.1720.  When I try to update the software, it tells me that I have the latest version installed.

Thanks

Retired

Yes, 10.1.0.1720 does not have the fix, it was made after that was released.  The next 10.1 MR should have the fix.

Appologies for the inconveneince.

Contributor

Great, thanks.

Just to confirm:

If I navigate to the system Settings > About, under "Software Release" it says: "10.1.0.273".

But if I then select Category = OS, for "OS Version", it says "10.1.0.1720".

What exactly does this mean?

And do I have the latest version of the software? And if not, does anyone know when it will be available?

Thanks for the help so far.

Retired

That may just be the most up to date from your carrier, but I can say that that is not the most up to date in the wild.

Contributor

Nice, thanks!