Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Certificate check - sslpeerunverifiedexception

Hi,

I'm trying to use a proxy server (Fiddler) to connect using HTTPS from my app ported from Android.

When I don't use the proxy server everything works fine.

But I tried generating a certificate from Fiddler, sent it to the Blackberry device (Z10), installed it. This gives an issue. 

Just to make sure it's not a certificate issue, I tried connecting from other apps in the device (Facebook etc), and I see that the traffic is going through the proxy server all fine. Only my ported app is causing the issue. 

When debugging I found that, I get the exception, sslpeerunverifiedexception. This means that the app assumes that the certificate is not installed. But the certificate is just there. Does that mean, the ported app doesn't 'know' that the certificate is not installed in the device? Has anyone faced this problem?

Any help is appreciated

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Certificate check - sslpeerunverifiedexception

The same issue happens when trying use the WebView in the eBay and Kindle apps. They can't be used behind a proxy firewall (although the apps themselves can be used). Is it because WebView running inside Android runtime can't access the certificates installed in the device?