Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Code Signing Problem

[ Edited ]

I first submitted my android app back in February hoping for a free playbook, however I missed one instance of the word android so it was denied. Unfortunately my laptop that I registered my signing keys on and configured my computer to sign for crashed so I can't get the update signed. When I tried to configure my new computer with the those same codes it came up too many registration attempts (exact "Authentication failed. There have been too many failed attempts"). When I requested new codes the app was signed successfully, however the app world wouldn't register the app as an update (which it needs to do to qualify for the free playbook) because the signing codes were different. The exact error is "File bundle (Aq info[3].bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

Not sure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Device: Developer

Re: Code Signing Problem

I think if you lose the certificate you're SOL. That's why they tell you to back it up repeatedly, once you lose it you'll have to make another certificate and your app can no longer be updated.

But about the "error", if you're now able to sign it what's the problem? Where does this "error" come up? Have you tried changing the package name in the Android manifest?