Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Sumulator
My Carrier: Simulator

Connecting 192.168.120.128 to ADB failed!

I have downloaded BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator (V 10.1.0.1020) and installed Eclipse (3.8) and latest version of BlackBerry Plug-In as instructed here: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/install_plugin_prerequisites_1895476_11.html

I have created a test HelloWorld Android application, but whenever I try to debug/run it from Eclipse I receive the following error:

Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=4 Connecting 192.168.120.128 to ADB failed!   null children=[Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Please check if the Android player was fully started when you got this error. If not, you can either increase the Android player launch timeout on the BlackBerry->BlackBerry Android Development Tools preference page or wait until the Android player is fully started and try again. null]

The BlackBerry Simulator is running fine, and when I try to debug/run my app the home screen in the Simulator flips between page 1 and 2 for a second and then back to page 1. However, after that, nothing else happens in the Simulator. After approx. 1 minute of waiting I get the error mentioned above in the Eclipse.

I am running BlackBerry Simulator on a fast computer with i7 Intel CPU, SSD hard drive, lots of RAM and it responds smoothly.

Please, help me.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Connecting 192.168.120.128 to ADB failed!

Hello,

Couple of quick things to check.

Make sure you are NOT running the simulator is Safe Mode. There is a known issue running Android Apps in Safe Mode that can cause instability. This will be resolved shortly.

Once you are running the simulator in normal start up, does your application launch at all? Can you get it to run by manually launching it?

If you can verify that, try eclipse again, and you should be able to connect to the simulator and debug.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
New Contributor
My Device: Sumulator
My Carrier: Simulator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the answer. You were right. Switching to non-Safe mode solved the problem.

Now I have another issue with running simulator on an older computer (with Intel graphics cards) I cannot get the Simulator to run in non-Safe mode (it gets stuck when SCREEN is loading)...

Thanks!

Alex

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey Alex,

If the simulator stops booting at "START SERVICE: screen" it's because we can't detect a 3D capable card in VMware. If you have a 3D Intel card, please make sure your drivers are up to date.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators