Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Re: Developers Start here!

Awesome! Count me in 

New Developer
My Device: Playbook emulator - soon playbook?

[ Edited ]

@ ian_mac123

If you haven't already noticed the deadline have been pushed forward for some more days so you don't have to stress Smiley Happy

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook / Dev Alpha
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I recently began developing for Android and then saw the free PlayBook offer and got lured in.  My first app was submitted to BlackBerry App World before the Android Market and I must say, I am quite pleased with the experience so far!  I did run into a few snags, but was able to figure them out and I will make a new post on one of the issues I couldn't find help for in the forum.

Now I'm really looking forward to future development on this platform!  Even though my daily driver is an Android (Galaxy Nexus) for now, I still have a special place in my heart for BlackBerry and hope their app store grows by leaps and bounds... and I'll do my part by releasing my apps first on this platform.  Just don't tell any of my Android cohorts.  

:wq!
New Developer
My Device: Playbook simulator
My Carrier: H3G

Count me in.

New Developer
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

Hi RIM,

We are new to balckberry playbook but not to mobile apps market. We are currently distributing our apps on android market, amazon market and iOS appstore. We have just started to port our android and iOS app on the playbook because of its great potential and easy methods of porting from the android world to the playbook world.

Looking forward to see our first app in the blackberry appstore. Still a few issues to resolve (orientation issues like many other developers) but we are confident that our app can contribute to the success of the playbook.

The funky mobile games team.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Love the playbook and the Android development is well established so its a nice to be able to be able to port things over.  A few things are little frustrating such as the documentation about permissions porting over to Playbook which would be nice.

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Hi,

I'm a game developer. I developed games for several platforms including iOS, Android and WP7. I have never developed anything on BB platforms, but now I'd like to try to port an iOS objective-C game to BB Playbook, and will use this forum to ask best ways to achieve this (Objective-C->Native/Java/Android Runtime?).

I'd also like to join the BB developer program and get more information on BB development events and so on.

See you on the forums! 

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

hi!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefonica Germany

Hi

Developed an android based app for the PlayBook. Got the PlayBook a few days ago and fall in love with it!
I've already a new project - this time with native SDK and AIR.

I would love to join the Developers Recognition Program!

Regards
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NCC

Hi!

Count me in too, please Smiley Happy