Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Download Blackberry plug-in for Eclipse behind firewall

My companies firewall does not allow me to download the blackberry plug in for eclipse.  Does anyone know if there i a way to download the plug-in as a file and then add it to Eclipse?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Download Blackberry plug-in for Eclipse behind firewall

If you cancel out of the download manager dialog box, you should see a link to download it with your browser.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In Eclipse it just errors out and there is no cancel with download.  If I click on the link in a browser it just redirects me to the main bb android page.  What I need is a way to download it to a thumb drive on another pc and install it from there.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ah, you mean the downloader built-in to Eclipse? I think an Eclipse forum would be a better place to ask that, as it's not BlackBerry specific.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Generic

I too had similar issues. I followed following steps:

-download plugin on a computer which has direct internet access

-copy entire eclipse folder to a flash drive & paste to your target computer

-open windows>preferences & set android sdk location if it defers from previous computer