Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Editing APK/BAR

Hi guys,

I have some apps which i made for android, & it in APK now, & want to edit it before converting to bar, coz, need to add some more features, so can any one tell me is tre any way to edit apk or bar file & make changes & sign back...

Thanks in advance..

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Editing APK/BAR

Hey,

If you need to make changes to your application you can do that in your source code before you create an APK.

Once you've made your changes, you can then export as APK and convert to BAR as you wish.

Justin

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com
Developer

I have already created APK & app is running fine n android, now i have the apk with me, so is tre any way which i can edit it??
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Bell

In order to change your compiled java classes, you would need to have the source code, then regenerate the apk.

Justin

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

For editing APK file you have to make changes in the java files for that APK and if you dont have just download a software which does the job of extracting the code from the APK file.

Such softwares are available in the market for Code of APK file you can use and then edit that code as per your use.

Like if you feel my post are helpful.

Thank You.

Developer

Any idea which software i can use to do it???
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

The java class files are converted to dex files and are packed along with the other resource, You can use any file compressing software to get the contents of the apk file however to get the source code is difficult

How to get the java source code The dex files are which contain the java source code, The dex2jar tool can be used to get the jar file from the dex file and once you get the jar file use JD-GUI to get the source code in java. Now keep this in mind that if the user has used obfuscation then the java code you would get is obfuscated and you have to DeObfuscator(I havent used this)

To get other resources You can used the apktool to reverse engineer the code and other resources, Here in XDA forums you can get to know how to use it.

Thank You.

Developer

Will try this...Smiley Happy