Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Error Peer not authenticated

[ Edited ]

When I try to install apps on 2.0 I keep getting the error peer not authenticated.  I've tried wirelessly and through usb.  I've tried using the DDPB installer and the command line deploy.  I am able to browse my device from windows through network places, however. 

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Security wipe fixed the problem!

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Error Peer not authenticated

i can report having the same problem. I was able to upload bar files to the device before doing a security wipe.

now the same command gives (pass changed):

java -Xmx512M -jar "CommandLineTools/lib/BarDeploy.jar" -installApp  -device 192.168.1.191  -password mypass myapp.bar

Error: peer not authenticated

i can also browse the device via samba without any issues.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

I am also getting this. Plus, there is no option to upload a debug token. Is anyone else missing the option to upload a debug token. Possibly related?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ditto. Tried USB and Wifi. Also did a security wipe before installing 2.0.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Same problem here. Except Security Wipe messed up my playbook (only browser and setup left) so I had to downgrade and upgrade again. Anyway I can't find out how to solve the problem and I am not able to install android apps using any known way. Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

I got mine working. I did a security wipe with the 2.0 wsoftware installed, and during the setup after the wipe it downloaded a 2.0 software update that was a little over 100MB (not the full 300+). I think you have to still be int the 24-hour 2.0 window when you do the wipe. Need for Speed and Tetris will have to be downloaded from App World, and the only thing I noticed that's missing that can't be downloaded from App World is Video Chat.

If you currently have 2.0 installed, re-regeister for the 2.0 download. Wait 30 minutes to an hour, and then do the wipe.

If you currently have 1.7. Register for 2.0 and download it. Try deploying an app, and if it fails do the wipe within 24 hours of registering for the 2.0 download.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

OK, thanx for your reply, I have 2.0 installed, so I guess I'll try to re-register and wipe it after an hour. Last time when I did a wipe on 2.0 I did not re-register, it wiped and installed the PB 2.0 beta itself but without app world, bridge, media and all the other apps except browser and setup, hope re-registering helps.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

I'm looking into this issue and will provide more information when I find out more.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

I was wondering if anyone had any luck solving this issue? I have reinstalled everything from scratch, but still can't upload/install any bar files onto the playbook. Still the same error:

Error: peer not authenticated

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

A few questions to help us narrow this down.

1. Does the error happen for all applications and debug tokens, or just specific ones (error is intermittent).
  2. The command line you are using (please try to attempt on the command prompt).
  3. The exact output you see (command line output preferred).
  4. Size of the BAR file you are trying to load.
  5. Number of files in the BAR file (you can open these in WinZip).
  6. Are you seeing this in version 2.0 and 1.0.7 or just 2.0?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.