Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Error registerting long term key

Anyone know what this message means?  I can't find a good explanation for it, although I'm confused by the whole .apk to .bar conversion right now.

Error registering long term key
  Error: Error: Unable to register client '2024152' because there are no more registration attempts.  If you have already registered with this server, then you should restore your signing keys from backup.  If you don't have a backup of the keys, then you can order a new set of keys at www.blackberry.com/go/codesigning

I'm trying to convert an app I developed in Android to my z10 and this is the latest issue I'm having.  The above message is appearing when I try to submit the Signing Registration of the BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard in Eclipse.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Error registerting long term key

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This message means that you do not have any more registration attempts for your old signing keys. You can now either restore a backup of your signing keys or move on with the new blackberry id based signing process (see http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/08/code-signing-keys-be-gone-welcome-blackberry-id/ )

Take a look at your c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\ directory. Do you have there the following three files: author.p12, barsigner.csk, barsigner.db?

If these are missing, then you should restore a backup to this location.

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Error registerting long term key

Thanks alot imre_m, that solved that problem.  I've since had problems with creating the debug token, which I used the command line to fix, but alas I'm still back at the same old error message when loading the app:

result::failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)

This is so frustrating.  I've probably spent 10 hours on just trying to get this android app converted.  Going back to android development...

result::failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR)