Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Free playbook for android app port over

I've read the devblog:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/02/latest-blackberry-playbook-tablet-offer-for-android-developers...

However, I have also read many post about android developers submitted apps but couldn't figure out how to get their playbook (i.e. no email asking them for postal address...etc)

So if I want to participate to this event, what do I have to do?  Do I have to be a registered Android Developer?  Or is it simply just create a new Android App for BlackBerry Playbook and submit between Feb 2 - Feb 13.  And I will automatically qualify for that?

Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: Free playbook for android app port over

create & sumbit worked last time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Free playbook for android app port over

Although soaman has already answered your questions. I would like to expand on his answer.

You dont have to be an android deveveloper. You can just develop a app on the android sdk and then

use the tools to port it to BlackBerry. You will automatically qualify when you submit the app.

When you signup for the vendors account you have to fill in your address etc

That is the place your PlayBook will get sent to. 

I hope i answered your questions.

Thanks

Aqib.