Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Storm 2 - 9550
My Carrier: Starhub

From android to Cascades

I have recently released an app for playbook and I have written it as an android app (coz I also intend to release it to android market). Since I do not have android device other than my playbook, I am first releasing it to playbook. I have one concern though. If in the future I decided to migrate this app from android to cascades, I do not have idea on how to go about it.

1. Will the vendor portal allow it (add a new release that is, a cascades version)

2. Will playbook uninstall the existing android app and replace it with cascades?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

Re: From android to Cascades

I already released an android app as a new version of a same application (original was in os5 java) only for playbook. So the portal will allow it i am almost certain.
About allow automatic replacement it will handle the same as your test when you'll try to install your cascade app over our android app.
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: From android to Cascades

AppWorld will just see it as another .bar file. Getting the replacement to work properly should just be a matter of making sure that you create the new app with the same signing keys and such...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com