Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Generate new certificate

Hi, I'm an Android developer new on BlackBerry and I'm experiencing some trouble.. 

I recently registered as a bb developer to upgrade my apps using the online packager tool. I received the keys and with this tool I was able to generate a certificate.

But, this account was nos aproved for wrong informations so I did another account and got aproval. But, with this new account I can't generate another certificate with my new keys! When I use the online packager it says:

"It appears your computer was previously configured to sign applications. If this is correct, please proceed to repackage and submit your application. If your computer was not completely configured to sign applications or there was a failure during the setup, you will need to configure your computer using the BlackBerry Plug-in for Android Development Tools."

Now I can't upload any app because the apps are not signed correctly and this plug-in is not able to download (eclipse says that the inventory files doesn't exist). Can anyone help? How can I generate a new certificate?

Thanks!

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Generate new certificate

If you have any application's available in App World for download, read this for reasons why you don't want to install new keys.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Error-quot-File-bundle-your-...

What error are you trying to bypass by installing new keys?  You only need to install them once and there is no limit on the number of applications that can be signed.  If you do wish to install new keys, this article shows where the installed keys are to delete.

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker