Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Office
Accepted Solution

Google play services for bb10

Hi,

Im converted .apk  file to .bar file.its working fne.But when i click Google+ share its shows "This app won't run without Google play services,which are missing from your phone" with google play button.Thwn i can click "Go google play" button  its shows some android code.How to fix the issue.anyone pls help me..

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Google play services for bb10

you'd have to ask google, they don't allow their services to be used on android platforms that are not their own.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Google play services for bb10

Hi Lavan,
You must be using an intent to share content on google+, which won't work on BlackBerry devices, kindle devices, nook devices or any android device that does not have a licence to use Google apps.

You have to change your approach and instead of using an intent use an alternative method. There is a library called socialauth which is pretty good and easy to use. I haven't used it with google + but I know that it does support some Google+ features. Have a look at it or one of the other alternatives.