Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Has anyone been approved? Lets see your Apps!!

Still waiting on approval to enter the magical AppWorld, anyone reached the promised land yet?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: Has anyone been approved? Lets see your Apps!!

quite a few of us ;-)

don't desperate, once you're there it's rather comfortable

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

[ Edited ]

I was a fool. I realised afterwards I submitted mine under Tablet OS v1 instead of v2 so I'm just sitting here awaiting denial.

I've emailed App World support asking if this could be edited before manual review but unfortunately no response.

For those of you who were DENIED - what reasons were you given?

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefónica

[ Edited ]

Tonight we got approved. The App name is "Xbox Live and PSN Manager", it connects to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live to display your friends, games, messages, etc. Free.

The URL is this one:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/83688/?lang=en

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I put down V1 as well.  Didn't realize we had to put V2.  You would think since it is a ported Android app they would know or just change it for you.  Doesn't look like it can be changed once it has been submitted.  Please share if you hear back from support on if this is an issue.

Developer

^ I emailed App World support , left a message on the BBDev twitter account and also mentioned it when sending the email to blackberryoutreach - no response. What I eventually did last night was uploaded it again as a new 'Release' and in the release notes mentioned I'd incorrectly labelled the first one.

Hopefully that should be Ok.

Contributor

I submitted my app last Wednesday. Still waiting to hear back. I filled out the contact form and they said it takes 7-10 business days.

Developer
My Device: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S, Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

this was the reason I was given... 

- no debug token found

but no indication in the email on how to fix it.

Developer

I can confirm that BB will deny you instead of changing it if you selected anything less than 2.0. It was to be expected really but I did try my utmost to get in contact with support and had no response from any attempt.

Contributor

That just seems like a bad policy!  They should just change it for us.  I'm sure I just put Ver 1.0 since I didn't know I was supposed to change it.  So now I have to wait for a week or however long it is for them to deny it.  Then resubmit the same BAR file and choose the 2.0 option and wait another week maybe more for them to approve it or maybe find something else wrong.  I'm starting to think a free playbook isn't worth this much time and effort and BB is going to have a hard time convincing Android developers to port their apps over.  I should have spent this time develping my new Android app and then use the money from that to buy a decent Android tablet.  I hope BB is monitoring these forums and see how hard they are making this for us when the whole idea of this contest was to show how fast and painless it could be.  How long was it after you submitted your app until you received the email from BB that the version was wrong?  Thanks for sharing your experiences so far so the rest of us know what to expect.