Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Having trouble at every step of the process

Yeah, i hope they approved the accounts before the offer ends.

Thanks

Aqib

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

packaging an android app was very simple if you know how to read. Just follow the directions and it should take you 5-10 minutes.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The deadline is next monday not this today. They say you should submit it today to be on time for the release of OS2 but they will give you a playbook until the 13th.
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Orange

I agree with others and BB made all efforts to make the process as complex as possible. I never came across anything as stupid as BB SDK (I mean the whole thing - API, tools, docs). PDP11 was better supported and easier to develop for. These guys got stuck in 1980 or what? What healthy ecosystem can they talk about with this quality of the product? Why does it take 10 times longer to achieve the the same result on BB as it took for Android? It does not matter whether you go HTML/JS or native Java API route - it's full of pain at every single step. I would agree to take this pain only if BB offered better and more popular products, which clearly is not the case. I was thinking - OK, I need to try, it can't be that bad - I was wrong. Terrible in ALL aspects.