Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Having trouble launching repackaged android apps on PlayBook device (simulator OK)

Just updated my android app and it passed verification.  I go to install it on my PlayBook and it will not launch. 

The app works on the new 2.0 PlayBook Simulator just fine, but when I go to install it on the actual device, it installs, but will not launch.

I've tried the following without success (all of these I tried on both USB connection and through WIFI):

• Restarting the PlayBook after the 2.0 update (multiple times)
  • Signing the bar and deploying via command line tools
  • Not signing the bar and deploying via command line tools (after configuring Debug token)
  • Deploying using the new eclipse plugin -  times out, I even increased the timeout to 60 seconds and more), it gets stuck on "Launching BlackBerry Android Runtime...", then a message that says "Connecting to 192.168.1.139 to ADB failed!"

Also, I am running Mac OSX Lion and PlayBook v2.0.0.3778.

Anybody else having any of these issues or having any luck getting your repackaged apps to run on the actual device?

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Having trouble launching repackaged android apps on PlayBook device (simulator OK)

Same issue here. Using Windows 7 and tried 6 different repackaged apps.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Having trouble launching repackaged android apps on PlayBook device (simulator OK)

[ Edited ]

exactly same issue here windows 7 64 bit.

Developer

I installed my app on simulator, every app remains black.

black screen is all I get once started the app.

Developer

Did any of you install a pre-Beta version of an Android player that was leaked on another forum?

If so a security wipe may be in order as I suspect the two versions of the player are probably conflicting!

HTH - Rufus.

Developer

I installed the vmware player and the playbook simulator img yesterday.

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Security wipe fixed this for me. Yes, I did have old Android Player leak installed at one point.

Edit: Everything runs so smoothly, almost smoother than my Android phone! (HTC Desire S rooted and overclocked)

Developer

I still have the problem, once the app is launched all I can see is a blank screen.

Is there s way to see an output some logs to understand what is the error?

How do you done the security wipe?

New Developer

Open settings on the device, click security, click security wipe and type blackberry. This will wipe all music, videos apps etc. Paid apps can be redownloaded from BlackBerry App World, however.

Developer

I have no security wipe in the security settings.

In the security settings tab I have:
- application permission

- certificates

- development mode

- password