Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

How do I add my ported Android app to an existing App World native BB app?

Preface: I'm a n00b when it comes to everything BB Smiley Happy

The company I work for has native BlackBerry app in App World. This version works on BBOS 4.x thru 7.x. For example purposes let's call this app "FooBar" v1.0. We also have a native Android app, let's call it "FooBar" v1.5, which I have updated to work on a BB 10 device, and have converted to a .bar file. The only reason that it is 1.5 instead of 1.0 is because it has a few more features than the native 1.0 version. Otherwise, they are, for all intents and purposes, the same app from the same vendor.

We need to keep the FooBar v1.0 app for BB 4-7, and add FooBar 1.5 for BB10. My assumption at this point is that I can log into the BB Vendor Portal, and add a new release to the existing FooBar app, upload my v1.5 .bar, and then both v1.0 (for pre-BB10 devices) and v1.5 (for BB10 devices) will coexist for users to download. And the correct one will be displayed for them depending on the OS version of the device they get it from.

Is this assumption correct? If not, any details about how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.