Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to make the keyboard to show UI filter support for BB 10

Hi,

I have editField in my class,When i am entering the values  in the edit field Evetnthough ,It support the KeyBoard filter like numeric ,It is not displaying the numeric keys in the KeyBoard,It displays the keyboard as whole,I want the search the number option and type it .Is there any get around for this?

I loaded the latest BB 10 OS  released Jan 30.

Thanks

Rakesh 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Simulator !!!
My Carrier: 8608800458

Re: How to make the keyboard to show UI filter support for BB 10

Rakesh, does this work on regular Android emulator/device? If not then post to stackoverflow for help.

If it works as expected on standard Android but not on BB Android Runtime then make sure you say that here so we know its a BB Android issue.
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Normally if you use android:inputType="number" in your Android EditText, it should show only the numeric keyboard. If I recall correctly, this will work in the simulator. But I don't have an app available to test it, but I am fairly certain that it should work.

Maybe you can give it a try to see if it works in an ordinary Android simulator (http://developer.android.com/tools/devices/emulator.html). If it doesn't work in this simulator, then it will also not work on the BB10 simulator. And if does work on the Android simulator, then you have probably found a bug in the BB10 simulator. But I guess it will be the first.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Regular Contributor
My Device: Simulator !!!
My Carrier: 8608800458

I've noticed now as well that BB simulator never shows the virtual keyboard for Android apps. I have numerous edit text fields that work fine on Android device and Android emulator, but not on BB10 simulator.
Developer

I confirm this issue as   BB Android issue.Because the password field which is edit field which has input type = number,filters numeric keypad in android device ,but not in BB 10,

thanks

Rakesh

Developer

Does it work on a real device (Dev Alpha, PlayBook, Z10..) ? Or is it only a problem in the simulator?

In any case, somebody should submit this as an issue in the Blackberry 10 Bug tracking: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa Maybe add some screenshots of your application that can better explain the problem.

Developer

[ Edited ]

I download the app from app world,I think it is android ported app,Plz look at the screenshot,they are able to filter out the numerical characters in keypad atleast in keyboard top row,Do anyone how to acheive it.

IMG_00000097.png

Thanks

rakesh

Developer

That top row (numbers) is automatically added when you have to enter a password. So they didn't really add anything for this, they just used a Password Box.

Highlighted
Developer

I understand what are saying,I am not specifying anthing regarding input type ,It is coming as default as shown in pic.Still i did nt get the conclusive reference for numeric keypad filtering.Any idea regarding this?

thanks

Rakesh Shankar

Developer

[ Edited ]

If you are using  androidSmiley Tongueassword="true" android:digits="0123456789" removing inputtype=number,Numeric Keypads are getting  displayed on the top.

Still no getaround for non password editfields.If anyone find similar sort of thing,Just tell me

Thanks

Rakesh