Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Tmobile

I have a Android .apk that I would like converted but I'm having trouble can some one help me

I have my android .apk that I would like coverted but I'm not quite understanding how to run the tests and convert it.

Would someone please be willing to do this for me or at least give me an idiots guide to doing so.

Thanks,

Jared

New Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: giffgaff

Re: I have a Android .apk that I would like converted but I'm having trouble can some one help me

First go to the tools site @ https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/ then click on then click on repackageing tools.
Then click on online tool then click get started
Now select your .apk and your android sdk (make sure you have downloaded 1 of the android versions with the sdk) then click test then click on the bottom right button then either get your sighning keys or click my computer is allreadyy set up for sighning (meaning you have the .p12 then enter the 2 passwords and your developer name and your done!!
New Contributor

Re: I have a Android .apk that I would like converted but I'm having trouble can some one help me

I've done that and it comes up with a couple errors and says I need to remove android from the app - I've downloaded everything that is supposed to help me do this but I don't understand how to do it - I was hoping to get this in by the deadline to receive the free plkaybook.

I have all my signing keys and passwords.

New Developer

Does it say android or does it have a link to the android market in the app?
If it does edit the words android or the links out of it.
New Contributor

Thats the problem...I can't seem to figure out how to run the auto fix stuff in Eclipse or the Blackberry SDK - I try to follow the directions but it's all greek to me.

New Developer

Dont do the auomatic one do it yourself manualy I wont take long to remove some text
New Contributor

What can I do to remove the text manually - I didn't build this app I paid someone to do it but I figured I could convert it to blackberry fairly easy - This is not te case so far - I have downloaded and installed every SDK that RIM says to download and still no luck - Any recommendations on how I can open the .apk and edit it

Highlighted
New Developer

Umm I would open it in eclipse and see how you get on if you get a page of weird characters then I think there will be some sort of protection on it you could contact your dev